Friday, October 31, 2014

The Effects of Bullying

Bullying can have a negative impact on many people the people getting bullied, the people bullying and the people witnessing the bullying. Kids that get bullied can suffer from mental and health issues, and sometimes an simple act like that can also take away a life of a kid who could have a bright future ahead. Everyday there are a lot of news of kids suiciding due to being bullied in school. But thats not all, a life is taken of the kid being bullied as well.

A young girl Rochelle was a victim of bullying, she said, ‘Well it all started in year 7, I told one of my best friends something very personal and then the next day it was all over the school they would make fun of me, call me names and sometimes hit me. I would go home and cry I told NOBODY! I was so upset about it, it came to the point where I had no friends I would hide myself away and I would just Hate school I skipped most of it because of the bullying, I would not talk to anybody I stopped eating I got really ill and I started being sick going dizzy and it came to the point where I fainted and went to hospital, I fainted when I was Outside I whacked my head of the Pavement, racking it open causing lose quite a bit of blood, I got bullied for hobbies Art & Singing and for liking Disney Etc ... But it didn't end there I moved to Essex's 2 weeks later, everybody hated me bullied me so I cut myself and I tried to hang myself one time but My brother stopped me and I finally told him everything. My Mum and dad Went down to the school and Started telling the headteacher everything. Now I go to a really good school I stand up to bullies and sometimes I even help people get through hard times I know it must be tough but tell someone It will make your life a whole lot better.’

Victims of bullying were more than twice as likely as other kids to contemplate suicide and about 2.5 times as likely to try to kill themselves according to a new study that quantifies the emotional effects of being teased, harassed, beaten up or otherwise harmed by one's peers. Children and teens who were taunted by cyber bullies were especially likely to suicide. Further looking into this and asking Misaki of 8SMD said, ‘I have never encountered bullying or someone being bullied, but I have seen very scary cases of suicide due to being bullied on T.V, I think when someone bullies someone, it is a very mean thing to be done. Bullying never even gets anything out of it, just a life and future of someone, but also I feel the kids that bully face problems as well.’ Regarding her opinion, kids that bully do face problems as well.
Kids that bully others are more likely to be exposed to alcohol and drugs, vandalizing properties and dropout of school, taking a very bright future of the kid as well.

Bullying not only effects the one being bullied but also the bully. When asked Hanna of 8SMD on what was her opinion on Bullying, she said, ‘I think that the kids who bully do it because they have experienced a sad past, and want the other kid to experience it as well, to make themselves seem strong.’
Stop Bullying, and help people being bullied, just a small gesture towards them but it could save a life of many others. Make a change starting now, not tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. Start now!

By Ishita

16 comments:

  1. Apart from the grammar, I really liked your story. Have you ever been bullied? I myself have never been exposed to bullying, but I have seen and read of many horrific stories on the topic. Have you ever been bullied? BTW, who's Rochelle? You didn't really say much about her except for what she said. Does she go to our school and do you know her personally? Our school doesn't really have much bullies.You didn't really say on how to stop people bullying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think about why are they so afraid of telling a adult? This change every thing like this story everything changed when their parents knew. Bullying is making kids being afraid of schools and some school just don't even care about it also students tell that theres is no bullying on their school when there is a huge amount of it. Do you think we can change or stop bullying?
    Sebastián Zaragoza from American School Foundation of Guadalajara(ASFG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ishita,
    I really liked your post. I wonder how could be people that bully other people just for fun. It makes me think about all the hard times Rochelle had pass before telling her brother about her problem. I'm glad Rochelle stood up against bulling and that she help other people that is being bullied.
    Best wishes,
    Paola, 8th grade
    ASFG, México

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ishita

    I agree that most likely when people bully other people, they do it because they had a hard past and maybe they experience it before or between his or her family. It is very true that they do it to seem strong. I had heard about a lot of stories that involucre bullying. It is so sad when even little kids try to kill themselves because they can't handle it or even they try to talk but no one believes them. What is 8SMD? a school? an organisation? a group of people?

    Best Wishes, Fernanda Montes 8th grade ASFG, Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Rachelle about standing up for bullying, sometimes people never say anything and in the ned they could take out their lifes. I l also agree that the bystanders also can get affected for not helping the bullied to stand up against the bully. I think that the best people you could tell them about bullying are your parents, because they will always protect you and love you no matter what. Do you think we can get rid off bullying in the world?
    Best wishes,
    Luis Carlos Huato,
    8TH Grade ASFG, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ishita

    I agree with your ideas, loved you thought about the bullies. These day there are so many bullies around the world, and I think 'BULLY' is one of the biggest social issues. I am really glad that you wrote great ideas, it was really specific with a lots of details. But one of my questions are.. why do you think it is afraid to tell your parents.. For me it's not that hard to tell my parents. And I know what happen if I don't tell to my parents.. So.. why do you think is really hard, or afraid to tell about bully?, and do you think we should talk about the bullies in home??

    Best Wishes, Brian Lee Kim 8th grade ASFG, Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ishita,

    I really liked your post, because it had lots of details and it included facts and it was very interesting to hear from Rochelle. In most situations, bullying victims are afraid of telling and adult, but I would like to know why, because I mean, sometimes it is that they don´t want other people to be in the problem too, but it would be better to tell somebody so they can stop doing that. What I really liked about your post was that it doesn´t only tells us a story but it informs us about what bullying can cause.

    Best Wishes,
    Paula Aguirre 8th Grade ASFG, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ishita,

    I really agree with everything that you said, bullying someone is not just that fact that they feel bad. What is very important is what can happen for example cutting themselves or even suicide. Even if kids getting bullied eventually "get over it" it will always remain in them. I think it was interesting how the girl being bullied didn't tell her parents before any of this would have happened. This story is really impressive because it is not just about how everyone bullied her but how the betrayal of her "best friend" caused all of this. I like how you explained in other words that we should all respect each other.

    Your fellow reader,
    Ivana RG
    8th grade ASFG, Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ishita,

    Your blog was awesome I really liked it you really described the bullying very well its very easy to understand to. The way you explained the things where very precise and I think that it was great. I really agree of the part that the bystanders can get affected a lot because of not helping the person being bullied.

    Charlie Ozuna ASFG, Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ishita,
    I totally agree on what you say about bullying. I have heard a lot of storys that are about people hetting killed becuase they are being bullied. Today in connectoin class they told me about a story and I see that bullying it is a really bad thing. Some people get bullid for so many diffrent reasons. Like in the story that you say she told something to her friend and she did want anybody to know. Put the next day all the school knew. Rochelle did get help but some people don't get help so they kill themselfs. I like how you make me see that bullying is really a big deal.
    Best wishes,
    Fernanda M
    8th ASFG, México

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Ishita,

    I really agree with all the things you said. I have witness bullying but I have never seen a case where a kid suicide because of it. I believe bullying is a much bigger problem in US than in Mexico. I was impressed when you said that a person is more likely to kill himself because of cyber bullying. I strongly agree when you said that we should make a change now, I think bullying is a very big problem.

    Sincerely,
    Gabriel Gonzalez Rul, 8th grader from ASFG, Guadalajara, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked your blog. It taught me many things I didn't know about bullying and it was really fun and interesting to read. I hope that bullys can read this so they really know what they are doing to their victim.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find your article really interesting. I've never really thought much about bullying before, but know I realize that it is actually a sever problem that many kids have to confront. I've heard lots of stories about bullying and I have witness situations in were people are bullied, but none of them are as severe.

    Best wishes,
    Marifer Montaño
    ASFG, Guadalajara, Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Ishita,

    I totally agree about what you said. The ones who are being bullied suffer a lot and at the end they decide to suicide. But, in another hand, the ones who bully them are also in problems. They might have family problems or something terrible that made them like this. All of them need to be cared by someone, which are adults. They need adult's love and care which make them happy and safe. Let's make a peaceful world.

    Sincerely,
    Dania Park 8th from ASFG, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really sad to what happen to this girl. The good thing is that she stood up and defend herself. Some kids really kill themselves because of bullying and we don't do nothing about it. I really think that we should stop it.
    Thanks,
    Edgar Gaitan ASFG GDL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Ishita,
    I really liked this post because I know about bulling but not so in detailed, as a kid I was bullied but I did not know how to put it in words and you did it for me. I have never heard that bulling could get to such a level.
    Sincerely,
    Stephanie Sahagun
    8th
    from ASFG, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete